Old November 23rd 12, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:48:30 +0000
John Williamson wrote:
And while we hear of stupid payouts in courts like that one in the last few
days for the idiot who hurt her finger, I'm pretty sure most judges and

juries
are fairly sensible and would see the drivers point of view.

The judge and jury might, The compensation lawyer certainly won't. In

The parasite doesn't decide the outcome, the jury does. Now I'll admit there
are plenty of muppets who serve on juries and plenty of stick-it-to-the-man
types who'd agree to giving anyone compensation if it would cost a company
some money, but most people are pretty sensible otherwise it would happen
all the time.

of carriage which you agreed to when you bought the ticket, and if any
problems (For example, someone misses an important appointment that they
would otherwise have attended) arise because of this, you can be sued by
the TOC for damages.

Well considering they don't take names and addresses when you get on a
rail replacement bus I wish them good luck with that!

B2003