Old November 24th 12, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 17:04:26 on Fri, 23 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:
and if any problems (For example, someone misses an important
appointment that they would otherwise have attended) arise because of
this, you can be sued by the TOC for damages.

What if I'm the one late for an appointment, and the ToC can mitigate
their loss by dropping me off en-route?

If you are the one that's late you've got no case against them

I have a case, because it was their train that broke down, ripped up the
OHL, or whatever the reason was they had to find a RRB.

Everyone on the bus is already an hour late for whatever it was they were
going to be doing.

Do tell us of your thoughts for the bus driver who was sitting down with his
family at home, about to watch his favourite progamme on the telly, when the
phone rang and a voice said:-

"Hi, Fred, Blakey here... fancy a bit of overtime? it'll take you ten
minutes to get into the depot, we'll have 777 ready for you with the
paperwork, just take it up to (insert some station thirty miles away) and
report to the railway people, run a shuttle up as far as Guildford, as
required, don't know what time you'll finish, we'll try and cover your
roster tommorow morning".

And it's the Freds of this world who drop what they are doing and get
thoughtless pratts like YOU home.