Old November 24th 12, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 20:57:16 on Fri, 23
Nov 2012, Mike Bristow remarked:

In addition to all that, there may be some H&S issues about where
a driver may allow passengers to disenbark; I can imagine that a
risk assesment may be required for any potential drop off/pick up
site;

It would be a bit surprising if a normal bus-stop was regarded as unsafe.

I have known bus stops to be deemed unsafe for certain types of bus.

Public transport is about doing the bestest for the mostest; a
door-to-door service is something you get from your car or a taxi.

Station to bus stop you were passing already; not door to door.

No. Station to station if you are using a train service (which MAY be
provided by a bus or a taxi at the expense of the train operator)