Old November 24th 12, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On 24/11/2012 14:57, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:23:05 on Sat, 24 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:
As for running a faux-local-bus-service, I doubt if anyone on such
buses
wants to be there. They'd rather be on the train that was cancelled.

It's ridiculous to expect someone might be hovering at the railway
station on the off-chance of a bustitution that might go past their
house.

Not if they are aware if the bustitution and know the route it will
have to take.

If they are aware, but in order to be aware they either need to be
hovering at the railway station waiting for the off-chance that the OHL
will collapse, or monitoring the ToC's twitter feed so they can rush to
the railway station rather than their regular bus stop.

These are extreme corner cases.

Well those seem to be your favourites.

This time it's your corner cases that I'm saying shouldn't be dictating
general policy.

Not my cases, you keep inventing unlikely and improbable scenarios and
then, apparently, claiming they are dictating general policy.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail