Old November 24th 12, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
In message , at 18:38:46 on Sat, 24 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:

And you've got that bit wrong as well.

I'm tempted to ask why you think I've got it wrong, but you never
respond to such requests, so I won't.

Because the comments were about people alighting, not boarding.

I've not asked for anyone to be able to board en-route.

Doesn't matter - set down; board - still a local bus service subject to
local bus service legislation.

Contracts are different - they are operated under contract, and what the
customer wants, the customer gets. And, for clarity, customer in this
context is the rail operator. Who is unlikely to specify stops away from the
actual sattion, unless there are good reasons for it (like access, low
bridge, etc).

Why don't you just give up? after all, even YOU must be able to see that you
are on a hiding to nothing. Wibbling about it on Usenet won't change
anything. Write and complain to the rail operator, and waste THEIR time.

I don't intend to waste amy more of MY time on this topic - it has been
exhaustively explained to you.

Bye.

--
Portsmouthrider