Old November 24th 12, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On 24/11/2012 09:36, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 24/11/2012 09:24, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:06:05 on Fri, 23
Nov 2012, Graeme Wall remarked:

I believe bus replacement services have designated "bus stops",

No, they just stop on a country road somewhere near the station.

As far as you know, ever read a rail-replacement service contract?

If all the station has is a bit of passing country road, that's what
they need to use. The contract won't require the bus operator to install
a bus stop.

It will require them to stop at a designated place.

Indeed, they don't even seem to require the bus driver to
know where the station is - on one trip I had to stand next to the
driver and give him directions.

I had to do that in Canada! The Canadian was turned short of Toronto
and we were bused[1] up to Capreol to join it. The bus driver didn't
know where the station was but being sat higher than him I could see the
top of a loco over the fences and was able to direct him in.

Some time ago I was on a bus replacement bus(!) where the driver asked
whether he was supposed to turn off and go through all the tiny
villages, or stick to the main road which now bypasses them all.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK