Old November 25th 12, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message , at
13:19:24 on Sun, 25 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:
In the first case I was thinking about, it probably would, because the
obvious place for an additional stop would be the one in the middle of the
village served by the station.

In the second case (East Midlands Parkway to Nottingham bustitution) I
don't see why it would be unreasonable to have the bus stop at the same
limited number of places as the old "Skylink" bus to the airport. Those
were presumably chosen for a reason. As it happens, one of those was near
my house.

In BOTH cases you had (presumably) purchased a ticket to ther station. And
that is where you were delivered. Contract satisfied. No problem.

In the second case I avoided using the bus by travelling earlier in the
evening, as I wasn't prepared to have the last eight miles of my journey
take over an hour. I know that prompt or even on-time delivery is not
part of the contract, but I didn't know about the bustitution until I'd
already arrived in London.

The first, which was an emergency bustitution, was at the end of a very
disrupted day, where I had needed to take a circuitous route to even get
that bus. A route that would not have normally been covered by my
ticket, so the contractual stuff isn't written in stone.