Old November 25th 12, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 25/11/2012 16:49, Portsmouth Rider wrote:

Imagine you are two years old (not a difficult exersize, I would have
thought.....). Your Mummy says "Do not put your fingers in the electric
socket, Roland dear". Given that it is not actually ILLEGAL for you to
stick
your fingers in the electric socket, why do you not go ahead and do it
anyway? I'll save you the answer: it is because someone else - in this
case
your mother - actually KNOWS better than you.

Should transport systems make allowance for strange old men travelling
with the aid of flying reindeer?

???????? dunno what your on.... probably the same as Roland.

Here is a clue: The Highway Code is essentially a Code of Practice for
road
users. Other road users drive according to the Highway Code, and expext
all
those they come into contact with to do likewise - so that their
behaviour
becomes predictable.

Personally, when I am using the roads I expect all other users to be
stupid blind deaf lunatics with suicidal tendencies and an ambition to
take everyone else with them.

That is probably rather sensible. You might meet Roland coming the other
way.

Admittedly this is based on empirical
evidence, rather than any written document.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK