Old November 25th 12, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Portsmouth Rider" wrote:

I just KNEW you were going to come out with that. Now... why do you think it
says "Do Not" and not "MUST NOT"?

(I know the answer to that, I just want to see if YOU do.)

Because it has no specific force of law, because it is not covered by
primary legislation, like much of the Code.

Ergo it is not illegal to stop there. However, it could certainly be
considered an obstruction, or careless driving, in some circumstances.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.