Old November 26th 12, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message
.
net, at 23:30:55 on Sun, 25 Nov 2012, Neil Williams
remarked:
An intelligent Rail Replacement system would have, defined in the
contract, a limited number of additional non-railway-station stops, at
existing major transport interchanges, where such existed on the best
route from station to station or another route almost as good. The
stops would be chosen to maximise the expected overall customer
satisfaction.

This seems a good idea. Also, stops often used for rail replacement should
have permanent flags. I think in the GMPTE area they often do, and I think
I have seen such things in London as well.

A lot of rail replacement buses work from station forecourts, which
presumably means they can stop wherever they like. But not always; the
frequent ones at Nottingham station line up in the taxi rank over-flow
down the side of the station.

I wonder how legal that is? (The signs say "No Waiting, except Taxis",
and those buses are definitely waiting, rather than stopping.)