Old November 26th 12, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 13:26:06 on Mon, 26 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:
Agreed, which is why I suggested using only existing bus stops (or even
a subset of them).

Then we are back to the terms of the contract and the local authorities
rules and regulations on the usage of existing bus stops.

There are rarely any rules and regulations about stopping (ie to set down
or pick up passengers) at bus stops, except a few in city centres that
have "No stopping" plates (with an implied "Except buses", and sometimes
an explicit "Except taxis").

I can imagine our Roland stopping on a nice straight road, on a bus stop (no
layby!) when a bus comes along, and stops next to his car, with the front of
the bus close to the kerb in front of his cae, back of the bus close to the
kerb behind his car, and middle of the bus out in the middle of the road
next to his car. With railings on the kerbside, or a nice high kerb so he
can't drive off on the pavement (not that he would, thats a "Must Not"....).

And its a timing point - better still, a terminal point, and the bus has to
wait ten minutes! He'd be hopping up and down claiming "Imprisonment!"!

--
PR