Old November 26th 12, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default End of the South London Line

"Nick Leverton" wrote in message
In article ,

That seems odd to me, as I thought one reason for this truncation of
services was to allow the SLL junction at Battersea Park to be abolished
so that the Brighton line platforms could be extended ?

Is it really a 'cause and effect' reason? I think the only (published) bona
fide excuse for removal of the service is the capacity reduction caused by
alterations at London Bridge, once having made that decision, the platform
extension option then became available.

Paul S