Old November 26th 12, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On 26/11/2012 17:15, Portsmouth Rider wrote:
"Graeme wrote in message
On 26/11/2012 14:52, Portsmouth Rider wrote:
"Graeme wrote in message

As an extension of the prohibitions I have noticed bus lanes in various
places now being signed as for buses on local stage services only, ie
private mini-buses and long-distance and excursion coaches can't use
them.

e.g. Bargate Street, Southampton.

That I hadn't noticed, and that's my home territory!

Go to Google Earth, street view, approach Bargate Street from the east side
(from Queensway) and you will see the signs just past Vincents Walk in
Hanover Buildings. Its a NO ENTRY red disk type sign, with EXCEPT LOCAL
BUSES on a plate below it. Blueline can't even go through if not in
service, unless they are going to start service inside the prohibited area.

I'm in town tomorrow I'll look at it in real life :-)

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail