Old November 26th 12, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message , at 13:27:59 on Mon, 26 Nov
2012, Malcolm Loades remarked:

You could always stipulate that the stops must be at marked bus stops.

OK. So you want me to announce to everyone before leaving the station
that I'll stop wherever they wish so long as it is at a bus stop?

I think we've limited this to certain selected bus stops, like in the
High Street of villages we are driving through anyway. National Express
Coaches have such places pre-ordained.

Or if there are only three people on the bus at the time, not be so
pedantic.

Of course it would be totally different if there were only 3 people on
the bus. I'm talking about typical loadings on typical days. Who's
being pedantic?

I'm talking there about being flexible under current rules, and
debunking the "but it'll hold up everyone else on the bus".

I'll leave you with one final thought. If you expect the replacement
bus to stop at the most convenient place for you

Not the most convenient place, but somewhere much more convenient than
the station on the edge of town.

do you expect the same service from the train driver when there's no
need of rail replacement?

No, we've done that straw man already.