Old November 27th 12, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:50:46
on Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:
As I'm only stopping to let someone out, by the time I've seen the bus
coming I'll have dumped the passenger off and be beating a retreat.

You are surely not going to pull out with the bus starting to pass you?

The bus is pulling in behind me (according to the scenario I was
responding to).
--

Not if the front of it is still doing 10 mph or so and is only a yard or so
behind you car about to pass it. (the scenario I am alluding to).