Old November 27th 12, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message , at
10:44:37 on Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:
As I'm only stopping to let someone out, by the time I've seen the bus
coming I'll have dumped the passenger off and be beating a retreat.

You are surely not going to pull out with the bus starting to pass you?

The bus is pulling in behind me (according to the scenario I was
responding to).
--

Not if the front of it is still doing 10 mph or so and is only a yard or so
behind you car about to pass it. (the scenario I am alluding to).

Most likely I'd have had to overtake the said bus quarter of a mile
before the stop in order for it to be catching me up again within the 30
second window it takes me to drop off. So I'd probably not do the
overtaking, and drop my passenger off after/behind the bus.