Old November 27th 12, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message , at
10:48:21 on Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:
And in any case, we don't see normal car drivers having insurance claims
turned down for minor infringements (eg getting scraped while parked part
on the pavement or too close to a junction) so I don't think the insurance
companies worry about that kind of thing.

We won't worry about that. YOU might, in the event of a claim, when the
other party proves an accident occurs because you disoveyed the HC. For a
start: the other party will successfully reclaim Uninsured Losses from your
ins co. YOU can say Goodbye to your NCB (or one "life" on it if you have
protected NCB). Also increase in premium next time round.

But if that happened with any regularity it would be a "well known fact"
that if your car was (eg) bumped when parked on the pavement you would
not be able to claim on the insurance (without the drawbacks you list).
And that isn't the case.