Old November 27th 12, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Portsmouth Rider Portsmouth Rider is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 17:23:31
on Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Portsmouth Rider
remarked:

Miscreant car is now caught in "V" thus formed.

On the principle of "two wrongs don't make a right", the bus is now
causing an obstruction.

You think so? Saw it happen a few years ago in Southampton.

Police came along to investigate holdup.

Put ticket on offending car (which did not have a driver in it).

Bus driver then looked at watch, "Time to go, then" exchanged cordial
pleasantries with police person, and left.

And many years previously, corner of Jesus Lane and Bridge Street .... car
parked illegally in bus "nose space" for the turn. Obliging passing
policeman assisted EVERY bus make that turn - and did not worry too much
about heavy black rubber / black fibreglass from bus nearside front wing
(yes, that long ago) rubbing and scraping along car body. And he put a
ticket on the car for good measure. My bus negotiated that corner twice,
that Sunday morning, on a 185. "Come on, (scrape) come on, (scrape) we've
had six buses (scrape) through here already...."

Lesson: don't mess with bus drivers. (One car driver tried to mess with me
at Park Street, Shirley.... he ended up inside for nine months, not for
actually messing with me, but my report placed him fairly and squarely where
he had committed some other crime....but that's another story!)

--
PR