Old November 27th 12, 11:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default End of the South London Line

wrote

(Michael R Dolbear) wrote:

tim..... wrote

Is the act online?

all acts from about 2000 are.

but you have to know its correct name :-(

All now (finally) with translations from law-french for the

earliest ones.

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/

And you can search.

Try all acts containing "crossbow" for example.

What would they tell us about the South London Line then?

I'll leave the fascinating but subtle difference
between a 'line closure' and 'withdrawal of railway passenger

services'
to someone else, my post was to point out that a search was possible
even when the correct name of the act wasn't known.

A correction, I should have said that all /public general/ acts of
parliament were now online.

--
Mike D