Old November 29th 12, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless ('wave-and-pay') payment progress?

In message , at 13:12:31 on
Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
I have read that card reading speed
specs have had to be relaxed by TfL and also that the security
requirements imposed by the Banks were changed part way through the
development process.

Normally the banks want a random selection of "waves" to be backed up by
a PIN, which is presumably difficult on a bus.

I am also pretty sure that I read somewhere that the initial launch of
the bus product will NOT include capping.

To be fair, until you can cap both tube and bus onto one card, the
market for a bus-only cap is rather small.

I suspect that will depress take up.

Sounds like short term it's another "tourist tax" for people who haven't
got an Oyster.