Old November 30th 12, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Scott Scott is offline

Default Contactless ('wave-and-pay') payment progress?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:14:37 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 01:00:54 on Thu, 29 Nov
2012, Mizter T remarked:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/19976.aspx

---quote---
Contactless debit and credit cards are making life easier. You can
already use them to pay for things wherever you see the contactless
symbol

Only if the equipment's working. The last time I tried to use a
contactless card (just to see if it worked) the cashier apologised that
their contactless terminal wasn't working.

My experience particularly in Caffe Nero is that there can be a
reluctance to use the equipment. I have been given the explanation
'It might not work' and responded 'It usually works fine so can we
just try it and see' and it always works.