Old November 30th 12, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin_petrov martin_petrov is offline

Default Contactless ('wave-and-pay') payment progress?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 01:00:54 +0000, Mizter T wrote:

---quote---
Contactless debit and credit cards are making life easier. You can
already use them to pay for things wherever you see the contactless
symbol - and towards the end of 2012, you'll be able to use them on
buses as well.
---/quote---

With contactless card payments supposedly coming to other TfL modes in
2013.

This could be why my attempt to get on a bus this morning caused a bad
BEEP from the machine and the message "more than one card trying to be
used at the same time" - I have in my Oystercard wallet, 1 Oystercard,
and 1 contactless debit card. Am I going to have to use different wallets
now to avoid this? I've only just 'rationalised' my wallet far enough to
have just a debit card, and Oystercard and work entry card with Oystercard
wallet. I'll be pained to change this all again!