Old December 2nd 12, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Ray[_4_] John Ray[_4_] is offline

Default Bus passes

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 19:31:12 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I suspect pensioners, those who genuinely rely on buses, would much
prefer to keep their bus services and pay something towards their
fares or an annual charge for the pass. The alternative of a free pass
but no services is simply useless. The disparity between London and
the rest of the country is also scandalous although I recognise London
pensioners would man the barricades to keep what they have got. I
wonder if they realise how very well provided for they are?

I, for one, do recognise how well provided-for I am. But Londoners are
not quite alone in this. Pensioners living in the Liverpool area are
equally well-provided for; the Merseytravel pass for the over 60s may
be used on buses, trains and ferries in the Merseyside region. As far
as I am aware there are no plans to change this.

--
John Ray