Old December 3rd 12, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Old shoreditch cutting

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:24:51 -0000
"Paul Scott" wrote:
But it is definitely filled in nearly as far as the old station building
with compacted earth and rubble, the ramped track bed rising up to the
GEML bridge is in or over the cutting for much of its length.

Perhaps they used spoil from the Bishopsgate goods yard site which was being
demolished at the time to make room for the new Shoreditch High St station
to be built?

That could be part of it , but I doubt that building would have been enough
for the entire cutting. Hopefully they didn't use landfill. It seems an
awful lot of effort to go to just to add a few square metres of grass in a
park. I wonder why they didn't just leave it perhaps to be used as sidings
for the liverpool street lines in the future?

B2003