Old December 3rd 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus passes

In message , at 13:17:45 on Mon, 3 Dec 2012,
Robin remarked:
I wish I could find a barricade to man regarding the scandalous
slippage of the qualifying date (from 60 to around 63 at the moment).

I'd much rather the qualifying age continued to increased than that
entitlemenmt was means-tested.

I think a limited amount of means testing is OK, there's enough of it in
other fields that you could tack that one on as well. Use the well worn
"roughly what free school meals entitlement is" that crops up all over
the place.