Old April 3rd 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Watt Bob Watt is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

On 03/04/2004 13:16, in article ,
"Annabel Smyth" wrote:

was impressed by the length of the trains - I was never on one that was
uncomfortably crowded, even when I travelled in the rush hours.

This may be partly because Americans tend not to like walking - I used to
catch a northbound Lexington Avenue local from 23rd St., and found that
while most of the ten-car train was packed, there were usually seats in the
last car; to get to them involved walking three or four carlengths from the
station entrance.