Old December 4th 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Bus passes

Roland Perry wrote

I wish I could find a barricade to man regarding the scandalous

slippage
of the qualifying date (from 60 to around 63 at the moment).

The creeping increase is to keep the qualifying age in line with the
State Pension age for women which is in the process of being slowly
increased to be the same as for men, 65.

Men got passes at 60 only because a man sued for sex discrimination.

So everyone who gets the State Pension continue to be age qualified for
a Bus Pass and eventually only those who qualify for the State Pension
will qualify for a Bus Pass.

At which point, since people persist in living longer, that age is sure
to be crept towards 70 and then 75.

--
Mike D