Old December 5th 12, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default 2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 13:08:18 +0000
Anthony Polson wrote:
wrote:

I suppose the plus side of diesels is that they don't have to worry about
dodgy eletricity supplies. Though you have to wonder how the metro systems
in places like canada and oslo manage to run when its -20C and snow a metre
deep.

Because they get those conditions every winter and are completely
geared up to dealing with them?

We cannot cope with snow because we don't get it every year so are not

Its becoming more common so perhaps we should cope. Anyway , that aside
there's no excuse for 4 lines going down just because of a teeny amount
of snow and a slight frost. Any well run railway should be able to cope with
that.

grinds to a halt when it snows, because councils are unable to cope
and most motorists haven't got a clue about choosing the right tyres
for their vehicles.

There's no point spending a grand on winter tyres and wheels because you'll
just get to the end of your street then get stuck behind 200 cars that don't
have them. For it to work the government needs to make them law as in france
and germany.

B2003