Old April 4th 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Darryl Chamberlain Darryl Chamberlain is offline

Default ON Network - any better?

(Gary Jenkins) wrote in message . com...

Anybody know why the North Kent line was chosen as the ON pilot,
rather than the Bexleyheath or Sidcup lines.

Seems perverse on the face of it that the areas which already benefit
from the Jubilee Line extension to North Greenwich get extra services.

The Sidcup line is also an ON pilot route.

And I wouldn't dare try classing one tube station (North Greenwich)
with an inadequate bus network on poorly-planned new roads feeding out
of it as "extra services" until you've tried it...

Speaking from the Greenwich line, I'm finding the extra Cannon Street
services (until 8.30pm) very useful indeed. They should be running on
all three Dartford lines, until later if possible.

It's bizarre, though, that some stations now get a better service
off-peak than they do during the peaks.

Now, how about a decent service on Saturday nights and Sunday, eh?

Darryl