Old April 4th 04, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

But nowhere does it obviously tell you that the diamonds are express and
the
circles are local; if you look very closely in the corner of the map, in
very small print, you may notice that the word 'express' tends to be seen
near diamonds, but it's far from obvious. The squares seem to be
terminating points, but I'm not certain about that. The previous poster
said "The map is huge and confusing", I would say that is an

understatement.

And I thought the tourists in London were bad with their maps. If I lived
there I'd probably end up punching someone who opened out a huge map in a
busy subway
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Railway Information, News & Photos check out the Award Winning Railways