Old December 7th 12, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 21:39:14 -0000
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:
wrote:

Fast forward to the Jubilee Line extension: This one was much less
well planned, but did manage provide a useful route with some

Useful until it heads of to stratford pointlessly duplicating the DLR.

It provides a direct link from east to south London, starting from east

Which is probably used by no one. I suspect the vast majority of people who
get on at stratford get off at canary wharf.

London's biggest non-interchange station. It provides much needed pressure
relief for the DLR. It regularly fills up before it first hits the Thames.
How is that not useful?

I'm sure it is useful to some, but it would have been a damn site more useful
if it had opened up a whole new suburb rather than terminating somewhere
that already has more railway lines than it knows what to do with. With 3
car trains I'm pretty sure the DLR would be quite able to cope with the
had thought the same way as the JLE route designers then half of north london
wouldn't exist in its present form. Cockfosters? Who wants to go there , lets
send the piccadilly line to tottenham instead. Edgware? Nothing there, we'll
terminate at Kilburn - good interchange with the Bakerloo! Etc.

B2003