Old December 7th 12, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
77002 77002 is offline

Default London Battersea Northern Line extension now done with a loan?

On 6 Dec, 21:39, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
Fast forward to the Jubilee Line extension: *This one was much less
well planned, but did manage provide a useful route with some

Useful until it heads of to stratford pointlessly duplicating the DLR.

It provides a direct link from east to south London, starting from east
London's biggest non-interchange station. It provides much needed pressure
relief for the DLR. It regularly fills up before it first hits the Thames..
How is that not useful?

A role which previously the North London line filled. The Jubilee
Line is an expensive replacement. By now the North London Line to
Docklands would have been an Overground Link.

It would have been far better to take the Jubilee Line on to
Thamesmead and extended the North London Line under the Thames in
order to interchange with the North Kent routes to Dartford et al.

When I first saw the plans for extending the Jubilee Line, I thought
the route to Stratford was wrong and nothing since has changed my
mind.