Old April 4th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

According to some sources, they can't do the "next train"
indicators that we have, as it's "too complex", which I think
is b*ll*cks, but there you are.....

Well, LUL can't do the next train indicators either, at least they can't do
them properly!

But at least once you know where you are going, and
which train to take, you get a 24-hour service, on
admittedly less comfortable, but also less crowded trains.

You can't really complain about them being less comfortable and then praise
them for being less crowded, because the two go together. As soon as a
transport system starts using plastic seats, it is seen as a distress
purchase and is shunned by anyone who thinks they are above the hoi poloi,
solving any overcrowding problem within weeks.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped