Old December 7th 12, 10:17 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default 2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

On 7 Dec, 10:59, (Paul Cummins) wrote:
We were about to embark at Dover, when (Chris J Dixon)
came up to me and whispered:

What is the verdict on automatic transmission? I now have it,
but hope not to need to explore its performance in heavy snow or
ice.

I've never managed to find a way of moving an automatic in snow without a
tow-truck.

My Jeep Grand Cherokee is automatic. I have driven in thru the
mountain passes, on US395 and I80, during severe snow storms, with
absolutely no problems. I slow to 35 - 45 MPH and it handles like a
dream.