Old December 7th 12, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default My first ride on a Borisbus

On Dec 6, 8:35*am, wrote:

So summing up, I'm not wholly convinced it's particularly special but I do like the rear platform!

I have been on them a few times and IMO they are superior in every way
to a standard Routemaster except that there is that annoying Pillar of
Conscience standing on the platform with his constant stream of advice
about not alighting under any circumstances. Upstairs the visibility
in extremely good. The engine is quiet, and the braking is not
constant emergency-brake like on other double-deckers. There are lego-
gold handrails which I imagine are to imitate the brass handrails of
the original.. They look very stylish and are recognizable from a
distance. There is more to say about them; but I prefer them to any
other bus.