Old December 7th 12, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default My first ride on a Borisbus

Offramp wrote on 07 December 2012 19:17:57 ...
On Dec 7, 3:59 pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Offramp wrote on 07 December 2012 13:09:56 ...

I liked the two staircases - what I could not get my head around was
how little they took from the seating. One would think that two
staircases would take away four to eight seats - bit it doesn't seem
to!

My impression is that these buses are longer than normal double-deckers,
in order to fit in two staircases, and that may be how the seating
capacity is maintained. But I haven't checked actual dimensions,
wheelbase etc. Does anyone have comparative figures?
--
Richard J.