Old December 8th 12, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Impressed by the number of buses

During the past week (when I got my Borisbus ride!) I was commuting between
Paddington Station and Wilton St, Victoria. That meant the 36 and 436
routes. I haven't used London buses day after day for at least 30 years.
I did travel reasonably frequently into London and used buses regularly
until about 10 years ago.

I think one of the things I found most surprising and impressive was the
number and frequency of buses. In the past I can remember being turned
away from a bus but that didn't happen to me once this week, I doubt I
waited more than 5 minutes for either a 36 or 436 to turn up and at both
Wilton St and Paddington there was almost always a bus loading at the stop
where I was waiting.