Old December 8th 12, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Compulsory vs Request stops

"Graham Harrison" wrote:
Wilton St stop in London is a red roundel on a white background and that
always meant a compulsory stop. A request stop was always a white
roundel on a red background. Has that changed?

Yes, all stops are the same now.

To be fair, some buses were already indicating to stop before the hand
was raised but I got the definite impression that a compulsory stop wasn't compulsory.

Quite the opposite, all stops in London are now compulsory if there are any
passengers waiting. For alighting, all stops are request stops. This is
the same as it works in Germany generally.

That said, I'm not surprised it is in practice becoming the same as in the
rest of the UK, i.e. all stops on request only.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.