Old December 11th 12, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Boris on his new train set

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:48:36 on Tue, 11 Dec 2012,
remarked:
"M25 of the rails" my tail lamp end. Doesn't get the hard working
people of Peckham and Wandsworth in to where they need to get to (i.e
Central London) any quicker - quite the opposite.

That's the point of orbital lines. They don't connect directly to the
likes of Central London. You change where the orbital line intersects
with a radial line for that.

They also don't connect well with radial lines. I thought a trip
yesterday to Shoreditch High St was an ideal opportunity to try out
the Overground, but connections to the Cambridge lines are hopeless.

That is one of the limitations of the London Overground orbital route. Cue
rebuilding of East Brixton and a Loughborough Junction interchange.

--
Colin Rosenstiel