Old December 12th 12, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2 flakes of snow and it all falls apart

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 11:51:57AM +0000, d wrote:
On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:49:53 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
Sure, we've had snow for the last three (I think) winters, but you'd
expect that to happen occasionally even in a region that hardly ever
gets any snow.

the fact that it snows here
at all should be enough for them to get their act together

By which you mean that "they" should have snow-ploughs and gritters etc
ready to go?

Who's gonna pay for them? It's just not a good investment when they'd
hardly ever be used.

but every year
it seems to come as a complete surprise that it snows in winter

No it doesn't.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt