Old December 12th 12, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow(13/12/12)

On 12/12/2012 21:43, Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20694027

The timescale of this was what I asked about just two weeks ago, and
voila it's here - not the full version by any means, as they'll be no
capping initially, and it'll be some while longer before other TfL modes
(Tube, DLR, LO etc) accept it, with no word yet on NR.

I think the previous thread contains a number of misconceptions as to
how the system will work - both immediately and when it's rolled out
fully - so if I get a mo I'll try and return to them. (Well, I should
add that's *my* understanding as to how the system will work - which may
be no understanding at all. In particular the notion that a PIN may need
to be entered on the bus as is possible with other contactless
transactions is rather far of the mark, because AIUI public transport /
transit payments using contactless aka payWave cards are a rather
different beast to regular contactless payments in retailers etc.)

Re the end of original subject line - it read "(12/12/12)" when it
should of course have read "(13/12/12)".