Old December 12th 12, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MikeS MikeS is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow (12/12/12)

"tim....." wrote in message

I predict a complete failure of this experiment

tim

Its not an experiment. All London buses have Oyster readers and now they all
also read NFC cards if anyone wants to use them - indefinitely. I imagine
that like Oyster their use will increase steadily and the tube will follow
quite soon. They avoid worrying about topups and visitors do not need to buy
a special card just to use buses in central London where you cannot pay cash
to the driver.