Old December 14th 12, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow (12/12/12)

CJB writes:

That is not how they do it London. This is SUPPOSED to be the way, but
most times the drivers simply can't be bothered - they just put a pre-
recorded announcement on about a change of destination, flick the
lights on and off when they get there, and tell everyone to get off
and catch the next bus behind, So only knowing commuters ask for a
ticket, or simply talk their way into getting onto the next bus for
free. Everyone else incl. hapless tourists touch-in again and occur an
extra fare. As I said this scam rakes in millions of extra revenue for
TfL - all due to the laziness or indifference of the drivers. CJB

I have only ever come across a change of destination/going out of
service in London. Thats the only time the bus has been driven away.

Elsewhere the only time I have had to change buses is due to breakdown,
so when the relief/following bus arrives you just swap over.