Old December 16th 12, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow (12/12/12)

In message , at 09:04:14 on Sun, 16 Dec
2012, Roland Perry remarked:
Meanwhile, I see the bus-wave scheme is currently not as open as one
might suppose. I note that in the small print that: "If you have a
credit, debit or charge card that has been issued *in the UK* (My
emphasis). http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/26416.aspx.

Also, I'm told it that prepay cards are excluded, which again are
increasingly marketed as a replacement for cash to tourists.

And yet another class of possibly disadvantaged cards has crawled out
the woodwork today.

What about debit cards owned by minors, which apparently aren't allowed
to go into overdraft (in effect the "Electron acceptance issue"). Are
they going to be excluded from the TfL bus scheme on the grounds that
it's not online and so the credentials of such customers can't be
verified?