Old December 17th 12, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow (12/12/12)

In message , at 22:42:01 on
Sun, 16 Dec 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
I wish you the very best of luck in getting a fully detailed response
that fully satisfies your curiosity and resolves all of your
preferences as to how you believe the system must work.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. I'm looking at this through
the lens of a project manager. You seem to be taking it as personal
criticism, but you don't even work for them any more, iirc.

This is clearly an ambitious project, but they must have a plan (despite
the current lack of transparency making it look like they are making it
up as they go along, eg the way that the treatment of OnePulse cards has
only just emerged, and they don't yet mention whether pre-pay cards work
or not).

If their plan doesn't include all the aspects I discussed, it's not much
of a plan.

In the mean time they seem to be over-selling the very few aspects that
have been implemented on the buses: viz it doesn't work for non-UK
cards, and it probably doesn't work for prepay cards or those associated
with an under-18 bank account.

And despite saying "everything"(sic) being done by the customer's bank,
there's no information about who to call (bank or TfL, and if the latter
the Oyster helpline or somewhere else) if you suspect a problem, nor any
detail about who will be running the online registration and statement
system.

I am concerned that they are letting themselves down by this
half-hearted approach to telling the public what it's going to be like
when it's all finished.