Old December 18th 12, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default London buses to offer contactless payment card option from tomorrow (12/12/12)

wrote in message

That's not too hard to understand is it?

The only thing thats hard to understand is how such a bloody awful design
got past the white board stage. Still, with the kind of bussed in morons
involved in system design these days I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

I think you misunderstand the motivation of such developments:

The Bank's requirements for the implementation of new way of taking money
from your account is not to do it in a way that lessens the risk of fraud.

It is to do it in a way that passes the fraudulent use risk onto the
customer.

tim