Old December 18th 12, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Not-very dry run for 150-year anniversary Met steam

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:30:18 -0600, Recliner
wrote:

Charles Ellson wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:23:56 -0800 (PST), e27002
wrote:

On 18 Dec, 07:42, allantracy wrote:
The tube routes should never be confused with the earlier sub surface
lines. Although I guess we should not be surprised that this is lost
on the bourgeois communists at the Guardian.

Well seeing as how TfL routinely use the term Tube to describe the
London Underground, all over their website (as in Tube map or Tube
engineering works),

That's what happens (not just with railways) when the publicity people
know SFA about what they're promoting.

It's also worth remembering that "The Tube" is now a London icon, but
"Underground" is not. "Subway" or "Metro" may be generic names for such
systems around the world, but "Tube" always means the London Tube. That's
far more important than worrying about tunnel profiles (in any case, by the
pedantic definition, wouldn't Crossrail also be regarded as a "Tube"?).

Tubes 'n Boxes ?