Old December 20th 12, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default "Tube drivers threaten third Boxing Day strike in a row"

Paul Corfield wrote:

Given how busy the Overground network now is it is quite frankly
stupid that it does not run on Boxing Day. That has to be fixed
quickly. The DfT also need to grasp the issue of more Boxing Day
services on all routes into London (and other conurbations). The
current situation is just daft given the level of demand for rail
services at other holiday or off peak times.

While I accept there is next to no demand on Christmas Day, I would think
there is plenty of demand for the whole network on Boxing Day nationally.
The main reason I end up going by car to my parents each year is that I
can't go back by train on Boxing Day.

Meanwhile this year, the last train from Euston to north WCML destinations
(due to engineering) on 24th is a pathetic 1430 ish. That's similarly
useless.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.