Old December 21st 12, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default "Tube drivers threaten third Boxing Day strike in a row"

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:58:50 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
All in all, a rather unwelcome emerging new tradition seems to be taking
shape in the form of the Boxing Day Tube strike, though it might serve
to mute the rapacious consumerism of the Boxing Day sales, which
wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Retailers need all the help they can get at the moment. I don't think causing
a drop in sales is anything to be happy about. I used to be against the idea
but I'm beginning to come round to the idea of driverless trains, at least
on the subsurface routes where evacuation would be fairly simple since the tube
drivers are just a bunch of lazy overpaid reactionaries who don't deserve a
basic of 20K , must less the exorbitant 46K before overtime that they currenty
enjoy.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out Aslef and the RMT have some under the table
agreement going to on alternate who calls strike action so neither one of them
cops all the flack.

B2003