Old December 24th 12, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default "Tube drivers threaten third Boxing Day strike in a row"

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:07:54 +0000
Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
Boo hoo, they must have to send their kids out on the street begging in
that case having to struggle along on 46K for pushing a lever backwards and
forwards. Tough life.

They rather like it that way (well I do). It was you who inferred that
they earn overtime.

So just for clarification, the £46k before overtime is also £46k after
overtime so what was your point?

The point is that 46K is way too much for such a simple job (and don't argue
otherwise, a trained chimp could do it and judging by some of the journeys
I've had they already are) and I don't believe there is no overtime available
where they can earn more. Yet still they're not happy with their lot. I'm
afraid you and your colleagues need a harsh dose of reality to break into your
cosy little closed shop and while you might not think it'll ever happen you
might like to muse on the fact that neither did the miners.

B2003